PDA

View Full Version : 05 ford taurus starts then dies?


Melissa
01-31-2011, 02:57 PM
it start and then when you give it gas it dies . What could this be ?

Teenage Guy
01-31-2011, 02:57 PM
it's a bit random, but open your bonnet and check the battery- there might be salt/ crystallisation on the connections. if there is, pour hot water on the battery and wipe the crystallisation off.

Daniels1123
01-31-2011, 03:00 PM
It's a Ford, what do you think? Get a GM made car!!! did u know 98 percent of FORDS are still on the road... the other 2 percent made it home

David F
01-31-2011, 03:00 PM
ford,,the problem is its a ford

From an Expert
01-31-2011, 03:00 PM
Water in your tank that is crystallizing
Fouled sparkplugs
Could be anything if the engine light is on, any sensor that has become defective.
Coolant sensor
crank sensor
throttlebody dirty or sensor
the need for a new idle air control valve.
Bad map sensor
vacuum hose ends flared out allowing air to enter
Bad EGR valve.

don r
01-31-2011, 03:02 PM
Any guess might be good- or bad. Quit guessing and get an OBD2 check done.