Go Back   Ford Forums > Ford Car Forums > Ford Fusion Forum

Ford Fusion Forum Forum for discussions regarding the Ford Fusion.

Ford Forum: Would you buy a Ford Fusion with 200,000 miles on it?

Old 11-17-2009, 11:48 PM

Default Would you buy a Ford Fusion with 200,000 miles on it?

Found a 2007 Fusion, FWD, with 200,000 miles on it for $5,000. Took it to a mechanic who said it's a good car, but couldn't get into the engine enough to see if it needed belts, etc. What he could see led him to believe "it's a good car". When asked if he'd buy it, he hesitated and said he'd try to get the seller to go down a little. Have gotten conflicting reports from other mechanics. Has had one owner who drove all highway miles for work. Owner says he won't go down any more on the price. Has had regular oil changes; hasn't needed anything else. Needs brakes now, but that's all that's obvious. Body is in great shape.

Old 01-11-2015, 05:58 PM

Default 2009 Fusion SE / Sport 204,000 miles- buy it!

I also found a Fusion with over 200,000 miles. I found an 09 SE / Sport Fwd with 204k. The body had one shallow door ding, but had deep scratches in the hood- deeper than I could buff out but not down to the metal. CARFAX said it was a one owner from upstate NY and was obviously well cared for. The drivers seat didn't even have an ass print in it. I bought it 5 months ago for $4,700, did a front brake job, replaced a few burned out light bulbs. I've changed the engine oil at 3k miles and the engine consumes less than 1/2 quart between changes, I'm OK with that. Fuel consumption is the same as the factory sticker, 18/26. The transmission is a 5 speed, made by Mazda, and the shifts are crisp and firm. The body integrity is excellent. The doors close with a solid thump and there is zero wind noise at highway speeds.
The Ford Sync is USELESS, but that it not is not a fault of mileage, the Sync software is just junk. Ford / Mazda did an excellent job designing the body for long life and the powertrain is very good at 200k plus.
If you find a well maintained and well care for Fusion, don't let the 200,000 miles scare you. I'm pleased with my purchase of the 09 Fusion Sport.